Our goal is to drive risk-adjusted returns over the long-term. The culture outlined by Dan Gilbert known as the ISMs in Action serves as a foundation for our success. We believe that independent observation, thought and action impact the outcome. We seek to create a home for exceptional leaders to accelerate the growth of their differentiated and profitable businesses.
We primarily focus on businesses in the technology and financial technology sectors. Our capital is permanent, allowing businesses to compound growth over the long-term. We are flexible in the types of investments and asset classes we pursue, albeit our primary focus is on the following types of direct investments:
- Platform equity investments – typically several hundred-million-dollar investments in each leading business
- Growth equity investments – typically smaller equity investments in early-stage businesses that directly benefit from our Rock Family of Companies
- Public equity investments – typically long-term investments where we have a strong understanding of business fundamentals
Our team played an active role in the initial public offering of Rocket Companies on the New York Stock Exchange. We have executed numerous capital markets and financing transactions on behalf of the Rock Family of Companies. Our team has also sourced a number of strategic partnerships with Fortune 500 and leading technology companies, including American Express, State Farm, Bank of America, J.P. Morgan, Buildertrend, HomeAway, Airbnb and Realtor.com.
Select active investments:
- Rocket Companies, including Rocket Mortgage, Rocket Homes, Amrock, Core Digital Media, Rock Connections, Rocket Loans, Rocket Auto, Edison and Lendesk
- Detroit Labs
Select add-on investments:
- Rocket Companies acquired Core Digital Media
- Rocket Homes acquired Open House
- Rocket Homes acquired ForSaleByOwner.com
- Rocket Companies acquired Lendesk
- Lendesk acquired Lender Spotlight
- Lendesk acquired Finmo
Select realized investments:
- Finicity acquired by MasterCard
- Rocket Fiber acquired by Everstream
- Purchasing Power acquired by Flexpoint Ford
- ABUV Media acquired by Higher Education (acquired by Red Ventures)
- Fathead acquired by Volte
- Cyclops acquired by Black Knight
Please feel free to contact the Investment Team directly at Investments@RockVentures.com.